Saturday, December 17, 2005

Count Down 07 : Dead Man Walking

Continued from last post ....

After staying in that apt over one year, I shifted to live with Mahesh and Vinayak. Vinu had just landed in UstayAlone while Mahesh’s wife had gone for vacation! We all were Marathi. So since I started living with them I started doing “Hindi ki Chindi”! I mean started using marathi words occasionally while speaking Hindi. Normally I do so when I am on cloud number 9! In fact I am not that good when it comes to speak. (That does not mean that I am good at writing, just a clarification for interested people!).

Vinu was a starter for cooking thingie and I wanted Mahesh to be a better cook by the time his wife would come back. So I gave both of them equal chance! But I don’t know what was Mahesh instructed by his wife, Tanuja, he started practicing cooking religiously. Everyday by the time I used to come back from office, he would have made some curry or Subzi and then he used to go to play tennis. So I decided to give Vinu the chance to cook on the weekends. Mahesh does not listen to songs. But I made him listen “Aksar” from Shaan, everyday at least 15 times. In fact I used to put this song and “Le chale” from ‘My Brother Nikhil’ in repeat mode and sleep peacefully! The outcome was obvious …he started sleeping in different room! He is hardcore Sasshin fan and AB fan! Vinu, being from Dadar - Shivaji Park, he is also Sasshin Fan! Most of my friends would be able to understand what I want to say!

Soon, we were kicked out (read ‘moved’) to adjacent apt and myself n’ Vinu joined Bhaskar and Sumit here! This was the last time I played the game of shifting! Lots of memorable things have happened in this apt. Firstly, there was outage of electricity for 52 hrs! Our restroom door used to get itself locked on demand. Once it happened in the morning and we had to call the maintenance guys at 6 AM in the morning!

Bhagwaan jab bhi deta hai Chhappar faad ke deta hai! So Bhagwaan blessed us. Actually when it started raining, out apt had a initially small leakage. Then the maintenance person came and kept a big bucket. As the bucket he had brought to keep under that small leakage was big, he made a bigger size hole in our Chhappar! In short hamara chhappar fata huva tha! These guys came after 1 and half months, replace the complete roof for our and all adjacent apts and then fixed the hole in our roof!

Neways, let’s get back to my roomies: Vinu, due to my substantial effort done on the weekends when we were staying with Mahesh, had become a very good cook. I call him “GooNi Baal” that means a very obedient child! Bhaskar used to be normal only if he had at least 2 beers on that day! He is a certain threat to myself and buddy for the title of “Laziest-moving-object” in the “Milky way Galaxy”. Sumit used to laugh a lot before I shifted to this place. After a month stay with me, no body has ever seen him laughing! I guess that tells the story! Just kidding guys!

So now Bhaskar and Sumit have left and we have been joined by Kishore. Now its my time to leave!!! I have already started boosting his cooking skills by most of the times eating the stuff he's preparing. My replacement, Karthik had arrived here today. Just wishing him best luck for his stay in US of A!

About Dead Man Walking :

A very good performance by Susan Sarandon n' Sean Penn. She got Oscars for this role. eSpecially, the scenes in the end ,when Sean is gonna executed, are very good. The first time he confesses all his crimes to her in the movie at that time. And she helps him to die peacefully!Liked the lyrics of the title song by Eddie Vedder With Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. A very good Song!

deadmanwalk


Hats off to this fabulous song!

We all walk the long road. Cannot stay...
There's no need to say goodbye...
All the friends and family
All the memories going round, round, round, round ...!

And I wished for so long, cannot stay...
All the precious moments, cannot stay...
It's not like wings have fallen, cannot stay...
But I feel something's missing, cannot say...

I will definitely miss all my days over here!