Friday, July 29, 2005

BiJaLi ..It happens only in UStayAlone!!

The theme of this unusual eshtory (read as 'story') is electricity ....are haan yaar ...apani bIjAlI!!

Wednesday evening after coming from office, myself and S were playing cards in the balcony. Our f**king AC does lotz of sounds and it was right over my head in the balcony. At around 5 30 PM, it suddendly stopped making those unusual sounds! I was so much happy that finally it has stopped making those weird sounds. But S, who was sitting infront of me, went into his normal pose, I mean he made "Rotalu" (crying) face. I gathered all my dispersed brain-cells in a fraction of second, only to realise that the power was out!!

So it all started the BiJaLi saaga in UStayAlone!! As usual S was first to start crying... errr... laughing ....ohh no ..I mean talking. ( When S opens his mouth, its very difficult to understand whether he is laughing [I can't use 'smile' here], he is crying or he is talking!)

S : "Are yaar, how did it (power) go? (HE HE HE) Now how will we make food? (he he he) How will I take bath with cold water? (HE HE) How will I be able to check my mails? (Becomes a bit serious, so does not laugh this time) What will happen if any production issue comes? Ab main kya karu yaar? What will happen ........."
(He was talking approximately 5 mins. But whenever he talks (?) like this, my ears (both of them) stop working except holding my specs. So I really could not recall all of those bakar-bakar!)

When he stopped talking I started hitting at him.

Me : "Abe, I don't know why power went. And about food, I would have made it yaar! But as there is no power, so we will go out!( Hurrey) Aur ek din to ThanDe paani se nahale ...varana mat nahale ...kya farak padata hai? Office mein to AC hai na :P (Do take bath with cold water for one day and even if u don't take bath for a single day, don't worry! There is AC in the office!!) And forget about production issues, PaPPu will do it.

I (as usual) being pissed off after listening his buk-buk, came inside. Mr. V was sleeping after coming from the office as he was working till early morning (as usual). He wanted to make himself fresh for coming 'night-out'! As soon as I entered the room, he asked me.

V (Half a sleep): " AC Off kiya kya?"
Me : "No I didn't switched off AC, Lekin aaj teri Kismat achchhi hai. (You are lucky today)"
V : "Why ? Are they booking my ticket? I am so happy"
Me : "Nahi Bachcha! (No boy) There is no power!
V : "What??? (He suddenly woke up, sat down) Good Lord!!! What will happen to my production move this week!! (In a flash, he was flat again, and after 4.3 seconds he started snoring!)

After he woke up, he asked why all lights were off in the apt. I told him that there was no power. Then he asked me whether he was talking in his sleep. I told him that his Project Manager had called and he was talking non-sense on the phone like : I will marry with MONIKA (Name changed due to security threat to the author) only. Then his PM got pissed off and cut the call.

After that his face was really down (See I could see that in the dark!). At the very moment he got a call from his PM and he was told by PM to come to office at night. He immediately left for office with "DhaDakata" Dil!!"

Meanwhile I went to Bedroom where B was sleeping. (Do I need to tell ya guys that he is in the same project as V is!). He had already finished "n" no of beers!

B : "Saala, everything is Dark!"
Me : "Nothing man, don't worry."
B : "Saala, this f***ing AC is not working."
Me :"Let me open the window!"
B : "Hey as AC is ON, don't open windows... saala!"
Me "Man!! AC is not ON"
B : "Saala chalu karade na fir (Switch the AC on.)"
Me : "Abe Dhakkan, there is no Power!"
B : "Shit man! Saala, I should have kept all the beer bottles in the freeze in the morning itself. Saala, there is no cold beer in the freeze"
Me :"Abe there is no power and tereko beer ki padi hai! Saale thandi nahi to garam karake pile! Gas chalu hai! (Stupid, are you thinking of cold beer? I you want it so desperately, then use gas and have HOT Beer!"
B :"Okie."

He woke up, went to kitchen, took not-cold-at-all beer and started drinking. I stood there frozen with dismay!! Next time, I won't be surprised if he literally drinks the "boiled" beer!!

P.S. : I am writing this blog after power was restored after 52 hrs. There are power outages in India also, but not for such long time. Also, in India, you have a relief that entire colony does not have power. But here, in 25 buildings in a complex, only one can have power outage. Out of one building having 30 apts, only 15 can have power outage. And YOU could be staying in one of those appartments in dark for 52 hrs. If you do so, you will write a blog like this!)