Thursday, December 15, 2005

Count Down 09 : Good Will Hunting!

This was gonna happen one day! I had to tell about the people around me who have been blessed by my presence around them. Yeah .. I am gonna talk about my roomies!

I landed into the Motel when I reached here. Kishor was my first friend there. Though we were not from the same company, we had a very good chemistry between us. My outings started with he, Deepak and myself going across all Malls in this area after office hours. Deepak wanted to buy headphones. So we used to visit Malls looking for it. Finally after one month of research, he tool headphones from Flee Market (A special Sunday sales at big open ground where people sell their new/old things) for 1 $. Anyways, headphone was just a reason to go out. We covered almost each and every mall in that period.

Soon I moved to the apartment. We had three forced bachelors (as their wives were yet to join them here) and two bachelors. We had divided our work equally. Married people will cook as they had a majority and we two will eat as we had a minority. I was not eating Non-veg food that frequently in India. But I started liking chicken and shrimp mostly because of Avijit. Being a perfect Bong, he used to love cooking shrimps/chicken and we used to love eating. Shrihari was a perfect example of intelligence with modesty. Though we had a lot of age difference, we never felt that way. Sharad was our Mr. Dependable. We used to call him wise man. It is always important how you learn from your past experiences and apply them to your current situations in your life. This man had tons of experience and he knew how to use it. In short, he was the man! The remaining “item” in our room was Sabari! He was the “Yo Man” in our apt. When you see this man first time, you’ll feel that this is just another guy trying to act smart. But he is really smart, and go to him for any help and he’ll do it without asking a single word no matter he knows you or not! He knows what he wants from his life and he makes sure that he’ll get it. His fundas about the life are clear …crystal clear!!!! He made me watch Tamil movies, after that I started enjoying the songs in the Tamil movies. I came to know about many Tamil Actresses. He was my regular company for “Paisa Wasool” parties. Probably he was my best friend over here as I could see reflection of my thoughts inside him! He is getting married soon and I wish him all the best for his life of togetherness!!

But as they say, good things come to an end. We had to depart soon and I joined Sandeep and Sanjay. Sandeep was quite shy sometimes. And he was as good cook as myself. So we used to do the work of eating while Sanjay used to cook for us. Sanjay was a good cook. Both of them were from Mumbai and we had good time together for 2 months. But then both of them had to leave this place and I was joined by Buddy!

Probably Buddy is my long-time-partner in UstayAlone. Well, better not to talk about our cooking abilities. If there is any competition on the “Milky way Galaxy” for the “Laziest-moving-object”, we both will contest each other in the finals. So we were perfect roomies. We used to see both Marathi Plays and Tamil movies together. He is always in his world and he enjoys doing that!

The next and final part of this story tomorrow!

About Good Will Hunting :

The most important thing about this movie is the writing. The Oscar Winning screenplay by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. Equally well acted by Matt Damon and Robin Williams. Here are few of my favorite dialogues!

Sean: You're not perfect sport, and let me save you the suspense, this girl you've met she's not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other.

Will: I didn't ask for this.
Sean: No, you were born with it. So don't cop out behind "I didn't ask for this".

Will: What the fuck do you want?
Lambeau: My name is Gerald Lambeau. The guy who you told to go fuck himself.
Will: Well, what the fuck do you want?

Will: I don't care if Helen of Troy walks in the room, that's game six!
Sean: Oh, Helen of Troy...
Will: Oh my God, and who are these friends of yours they let you get away with that?
Sean: Oh... They had to.
Will: W-w-w-what'd you say to them?
Sean: I just slid my ticket across the table and I said, "Sorry guys, I gotta see about a girl."
Will: I gotta go see about a girl?
Sean: Yeah.
Will: That's what you said? And they let you get away with that?
Sean: Oh yeah. They saw in my eyes that I meant it.
Will: You're kiddin' me.
Sean: No, I'm not kiddin' you, Will. That's why I'm not talkin' right now about some girl I saw at a bar twenty years ago and how I always regretted not going over and talking to her. I don't regret the 18 years I was married to Nancy. I don't regret the six years I had to give up counseling when she got sick. And I don't regret the last years when she got really sick. And I sure as hell don't regret missing the damn game. That's regret.
[pause]
Will: Wow... Woulda been nice to catch that game, though.
Sean: I didn't know Pudge was gonna hit a homer!

Sean: So what do you really want to do?
Will: I wanna be a shepherd.
Sean: Really??
Will: I wanna move up to Nashua, get a nice little spread, get some sheep and tend to them.
Sean: Maybe you should go do that.

I have not traits of Will inside me, still I would like to be a shepherd, the one in Alchemist! Just want to wonder across the globe, following my dre@m$ n' to achieve my treasure!


GWH