Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Count Down 10 : Forest Gump

This is what I had written when I had completed one year over here. Probably I was feeling very much alone here in UStayAlone. But then soon I came right on track, but still today I feel somewhat same :

I was a dre@mer then …
Always passionate to convert them into reality!
I am a dre@mer now …
With an empty soul with no trace of reality!

I was a total failure then …
NEVER succeeded to my potential!
I am trying HARD to fail now …
Without knowing my potential!

I used to adore instability …
Always wanted to be a volatile spirit!
Now I am getting scared with the stability …
Just succeeding to be more stable day by day!

Instability was backbone of my thirst …
Thirst for the unknown goals of my life!
Stability is pushing me to the comfort zone …
Making me unaware of my goals!

I always wanted to be part of the crowd then…
Just make the most of my LIFE!
I am trying to avoid the crowd now …
Just to figure out my LOST life!

They used to curse me for being extrovert …
‘Cause they always find me around!
Now they are cursing me for being introvert…
‘Cause I don’t want them to be around!

Trying to figure out what happened in one year …
Trying to find out what is gonna happen next year …
Just finishing in vain to find myself…
Trying to figure out what’s happening around now!

I am dreaming of instability now ...
Just to end up in stable reality!!

Just a note over here that this is not a pessimistic thought coming into my mind, but I was just trying to cope up with reality!

About Forest Gump :

I am always facinated towards the character of Forest Gump. Simple is always sweet and neat. Forest used to follow the simple things as told by his dear ones and that made him better than others in every field. Still he was the same old Forest Gump! I have seen this movie 10-15 times now! Here are my favorite dialogues from this movie :

Forrest Gump: "Momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does."

Bubba: "My given name is Benjamin Buford Blue, but people call me Bubba. Just like one of them ol' redneck boys. Can you believe that?"
Forrest Gump: "My name's Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Bubba: "Have you ever been on a shrimp boat?"
Forrest Gump: "No, but I've been on a real big boat."
Bubba: "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."


Jenny Curran: "His name's Forrest."
Forrest Gump: "Like me."
Jenny Curran: "I named him after his daddy."
Forrest Gump: "He got a daddy named Forrest, too?"
Jenny Curran: "You're his daddy, Forrest"

Forrest Gump: "That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going."

Bumper Sticker Guy: [running after Forrest] "Hey man! Hey listen, I was wondering if you might help me. 'Cause I'm in the bumper sticker business and I've been trying to think of a good slogan, and since you've been such a big inspiration to the people around here I thought you might be able to help me jump into - WOAH! Man, you just ran through a big pile of dog shit!"
Forrest Gump: "It happens."
Bumper Sticker guy: "What, shit?"
Forrest Gump: "Sometimes."

Jenny Curran: "Do you ever dream, Forrest, about who you're gonna be?"
Forrest Gump: "Who I'm gonna be?"
Jenny Curran: "Yeah."
Forrest Gump: "Aren't-aren't I going to be me? "

FG


One day I want to see the world through the eyes of Forest Gump!!!