Friday, December 16, 2005

Count Down 08 : The Insider

Contined from last post ...

Then Chandan joined us for 3 months. He was my very good friend in India. So it was fun staying with him. He’s ever enthusiastic guy! We had a very good group with Bunty, Babli and PaPPu. We used to come together every weekend in the HillBrook Bar to celebrate each and every Friday. PaPPu makes awesome cocktails and he is great cook too. But by the time we got used to do regular fun, Chandan left this place.

Then Nagendra joined us. Nagendra was my bakra no1 as he used to forget to collect even his salary cheques. He used to forget things and I used to do “Chance pe Dance” forgetting our age difference. My favorite dialogue was “Kya be ek bachche ka baap ban gaya! Tu kab sudharega!” But he used to ignore my crap. Ask him for a help anytime and he’ll do it for you! He is too good at his heart to be real! I guess that sums up! He is also a good cook. Especially the rassum made by his is too good.

Soon Abhay, the Daku no 1, joined us for 15 days when he had a study break. By the time it had started snowing over here. So we all enjoyed snow here. Every body had their first snow over here. In fact myself, Abhay and Nagendra used to see 3 movies in a row every Friday and Saturday night! That was real fun! Abhay made sure that he takes revenge of all “PakavuGiri” which I used to do by calling him everyday!

Abhay left to continue his studies, and Ranga joined us. We still continue to watch movies on the weekend. In fact we started watching non-English, non-Marthi, non-Tamil, non-Telagu move on Satuday. We saw quite a few Foreign films.

Lets get back to Ranga’s cooking. Whenever we used to go for shopping, he used to run towards the chilies. First time I asked him why he was taking the chilies for a year in advance! But by next week, he had exhausted all of them. One day he was cooking and our dear friend Florino came. He is Romanian. Ranga was making Biryani. He was the no of chilies being used in the process. He had only one reaction : “I will die if I eat so much spice!”

Soon I decided to shift to some other place!
More later!

About The Insider :

Al Pacino plays Lowell Bergman, the 60 Minutes reporter while Russell Crowe plays Dr. Jeffrey Wigand who has been fired for questioning some of their potentially harmful research tactics his company has been using to produce cigarettes. Al Pacino, as usual, is terrific in showing aggression while making Russell Crowe to speak the truth. Russell Crowe is always at his best while showing depression and stress. He was nominated for Oscars for his role, but lost to another brilliant performer, Kevin Spacey in American Beauty.


insider01

Here are few of the dialogues from the movie :

Lowell Bergman: You'd better take a *good* look, because I'm getting two things: pissed off and curious.

Mike Wallace: And that's what cigarettes are for?
Jeffrey Wigand: A delivery device for nicotine.
Mike Wallace: A delivery device for nicotine. Put it in your mouth, lit it up and you're gonna get your fix?
Jeffrey Wigand: You're gonna get your fix.

Mike Wallace: Did I get you up?
Lowell Bergman: No, I usually sit around my hotel room dressed like this at 5:30 in the morning, sleepy look on my face!