Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Last Day of my LIFE! - Part Two

Continued from previous post..

He walks slowly on a lonely road with dead silence. He turns round the corner and goes into his apartment. His apartment door is wide open.

Mike (in background): I know YOU are waiting for me!

Mike enters his apartment. Manas (Al Pacino) is sitting in his apartment. He stands up and greets Mike.

Manas : “Welcome Home buddy! (grins) To surprise you with my presence ...that's my habit!” (Laughs)

Mike : (quietly) “I knew YOU will be waiting for me here.”

Manas : (grins and talks enthusiastically) “Superb!!! I like that!!”

Mike : (Unaffected by the enthusiasm shown by Manas, talks silently) “Why are YOU here? (Pauses, thinks for a while and talks) Are YOU my own destiny?”

Manas : (Takes a deep audible breath, turns around to show Mike his back) “Well ….! Why am I here??? (Turns around slowly and faces Mike) Don’t you know why I am here? “

Mike : (looks straight into Manas’ eyes, talks bluntly) “No …. I don’t!”

Manas : “Well …..(talks a bit loudly) I am here because you wanted me to be here. I guess you should tell me why I am here.”

Mike : (quietly) “Who are you? Why do YOU every time see me when I am in need?”

Manas : (aggressively) “I am Manas! (comes closer to Mike) I am HIS Mind. (turns around and goes away from him. Slowly turns his face back towards Mike while talking and gently sits on the chair) HE is the CREATOR of this world and I am Parama! I am HIS first son. I am HIS Messenger! THE ALMIGHTY sends me to you every time you ask HIM for any help. I am here to help you!”


Manas


Mike : (his face turns pale. Starts looking very much worried. Goes to the chair and sits slowly. His motions have turned into Ice! Looks down towards ground. Seems he does not want to face Manas. Thinks deeply, looks up and starts talking) “I am not sure whether I want to do this or not.”

Manas : (grins) “Why do you have to do this every time I meet you? (stands up and talks aggressively) What is that going inside your mind and making you not to speak with me frankly? (pauses and starts coming towards Mike while speaking calmly) Let me tell you one secret… you are one of the few people in this world who are blessed with HIS grace. (talks a bit aggressively) He adores you. THE ALMIGHTY hates to see you in pain. (Manas has reached towards Mike. He sits down on his knees, faces Mike, looks deep into his eyes and talks softly) That’s why he always send me to help you when you are in need. So tell me what do you want.”

Mike : (looks plainly in Manas’ eyes and talks) “Why do you help me? Why do HE show this courtesy to me??”

Manas : (stands up, slowly turns around, goes towards the coach and sits there facing Mike, talks gently) “Mike…!(pauses) You have a pure soul. HE always admires people like you. HE thinks its HIS duty to help people like you when they are in need.”

Mike : (thinks for a while) “Duty?? (A long pause) Why do HE need to spend HIS time on a person like me who is a total failure? (talks a bit aggressively) Look at me … what have I got?? Its nothing. I have nothing and I am worth of nothing!”

Manas : (laughs) “Ha ha ha! You mean nothing?? (leans back, then stands up, goes away from Mike, still continuing laughing) Ha ha ha! (looks towards Mike, starts walking towards him and talks with a purpose, with full of confidence) You are wrong Pal ….(nods) You are absolutely wrong! (pauses) You are measuring yourself in the physical aspects, in terms of physical objects that you possess. (raises voice) You ain’t worth for nothing in the eyes of this world, (raise voice further and talks with a stress) but the CREATOR of the world do not think like that! HE knows you have a pure soul. So he deprives you from the most of the physical comforts. (turns back and start walking back and talks with a cause) HE makes you fight for your each and every physical need. HE don’t want to let you go into your comfort zone. (pauses, turns his face towards Mike, stands there itself and talks calmly now) HE wants you to earn that with your sweat because he is concerned about your soul. HE has taken ages to make a soul like you and HE does not want to corrupt it so easily. So HE sends trouble to you and then HE sends me to help you! As simple as that!

Mike : (looks very much confused and disturbed, he stands up goes away from Manas, still thinking something, turns back, watches blindly towards Manas, the camera comes from a distant towards Mike and centers on his face, now the complete screen is occupied by his face, he talks with a pain in his voice) “Do you mean that HE are playing with me? Do you mean the ALMIGHTY ....HE .......playing with me?”

Manas is stunned with a great disbelief on his ears. He is still wondering what he has heard is actually spoken by Mike. He sits there on the coach with a plain face and starts thinking.


To be Continued (Last Part soon)...