Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Man Proposes .....!

Wai ..A small town near Satara ! This place is very close to my home…only 3 hours from my home in India. I remember Gangajal and Swades were shot here! But when I read the news today, I was shocked. Click here for the news.

Stampede1

Many a times we propose something good. But the Almighty has some different Plans. This year there was a comparatively good monsoon in the Western Maharashtra. So people thought to thank the Almighty for all HER “KRIPA” that SHE has bestowed upon them! So they gathered together to pray and praise HER during the annual Mandra Devi Yatra at the Mandra Devi temple, located on a hill in Wai. All of them came enthusiastically carrying idols of the Almighty. Everybody was happy as everything was going as planned.

But the Almightly had different plans! They went there carrying HES idols, but they had to go back carrying the dead bodies of their dear-ones!

Stampede2

It is quite shocking for me! But they always say, “Man proposes GOD disposes!”

May be the Almighty had different plans. But it always amazes me when such incidents happen around temple/on the way to temple. We really are “KATHAPUTALI”s and the Almighty manages the “SHOW” the way SHE wants to!