Monday, January 17, 2005

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham !

As I dropped Abhay on the airport on Saturday, just thought how much he has helped me in boasting my patience for last 20 days! Yes, I had to tolerate this guy for 20 days! It must have definitely improved my patience level. So I just thought of trying to understand upto what extent I have improved my patience. What is the thing which I could not do because I ran out of patience ....! Here we go ..... I could not watch (could not even think that I can watch) one movie in my entire life span of little over 25 years..... K3G! Yeah ...

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- "It's all about loving your parents."

In fact I could not dare to watch this movie in the theater when it was released. I even kept myself 1 KM away from the theater where the moving was running at that time! Some people will deliberately ask to specify the specific direction in which I kept myself away... so let me make it clear that I kept myself outside the circumference of radius 1 KM from the theater!!

This is perfect example how you can spoil the talented people like Amitabh, Jaya, Kajol, Shah Rukh (I can include him after watching "SWADES") and Hrithik. It takes HELL lot of efforts to waste such a talent in 4 hour long movie ! The perfect example to tell you that you can not watch Kareena Kapoor doing all the funny and stupid things on the screen !

So all set .. I started the movie at 6 ...four hours to go !

Amitabh started to bore me to death right from the first line ! But he was just a first one ! Few scenes between Amitabh-Shah Rukh, Amitabh-Jaya, Shah Rukh-Jaya, Shah Rukh-Hrithik, Hrithik-Amitabh are very touchy! [ I am sorry if I have forgotten any other combination ;) ]. I could not stop laughing after watching such "touchy" scenes. But once Kajol comes into the movie, it was somehow bearable. It’s strange that I didn't know that Hrithik was shown as a kid in this movie. That was a surprise for me! I prayed hard (I had prayed after a gap of almost 9 months since I came here) to Bhagwan that Hrithik should not grow up at all, at least till the time movie gets over, but as usual ... Bhagwan ne meri nahi sunee ! (Next time when I am gone pray, I will think twice! )

One more surprise was Rani Mukherjee. I was thinking that she appears as guest only in one song. But she had a bit more role to play. At least she does her job and leaves as early as possible from movie. May be she didn't want to get herself bored with the crappy dialogues from Amitabh!

Once Shah Rukh left the home .. I knew what was coming in my plate ... Kareena Kapoor! Simply un-watchable substance! She has the best hand in the most of the worst scenes in the movie!

I was overwhelmed when I saw that most of the students in the MBA college of London are desi. We are really good at getting ourselves educated! Way to go Karan Johar!

I pity the person who taught Hrithik to dance. I remember the character of Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. This guy does the all the things in the manner in which he is taught at the first place. No change at all. Similarly, Hrithik dances the same way in all songs, irrespective of the lyrics and rhythm of the songs. I think he should tell the choreographers that he can dance on the other dance steps too! He is a good dancer. But seems to be dancing on the same steps in all the movies. Then it is very difficult for a person like me to remember which movie I am watching. When I was watching Hrithik dancing in one of the songs with Kareena, I told to my roomie that I didn't know that Kareena is also present in "Kaho Na Pyar Hai". I thought they must have cut the song in "Kaho Na …." when I watched it in the theater. But he reminded me that I am watching K3G!

I admired the last half an hour "Muze Maaf Karado" scenes most as I was rolling on the floor all the time as I could not stop laughing ! Everybody was saying sorry to other person as if it was a scheduled cron job ! First Hrithik to Shah Rukh, then Shah Rukh to Hrithik. Then Hrithik to Amitabh, then Jaya to Amitabh. After that Amitabh says sorry to himself and then to Jaya. Then Shah Rukh does his turn. After that Kajol gets her chance to cry in front of first Jaya and then Amitabh. Finally (my guess is) Shah Rukh says sorry to Amitabh and in turn Amitabh does a "chance pe dance" and says sorry to Shah Rukh ! Huuuussshhhh .. my brain cells (a very few which were still alive) got scattered everywhere when I tried to remember this sequence! But I surely do remember everybody of them forgot to say sorry to the audience for PAKAVUFYING non-stop four hours!

$100 prize for the person who will mail me the correct sequence of this "Muze Maaf karado" saga to my personal email id ;)

Also I have a modified tagline for this movie : Kabhi Khush Kabhi Gham - "Its all about getting yourself bored "

Morale of the Movie –
Get yourself into any kind of trouble (get hurt/ offended/ wounded/ injured/ even get yourself killed), but don’t dare to test your patience by watching K3G. All thanks to Abhay to boast my patience level because of which I could watch movie. Even if you dared, do something like calling to your friends/home to distract yourself from getting bored ….. I mean from watching the movie!


Please have a "TARAS" on my "HAALAT" which I had after watching this movie !


K3G its all about Boring


Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham ....
Ab na Kabhi ese dekhenge hum ... !