Friday, December 24, 2004

SW@DES !!

It is all about WE, the people ! It is all about our own story...about our own country and our own people ! It is all about our own believes, ignorance and our ways of thinking. It is like looking into mirror at yourself !

It's all about "Swades" !

It is the movie which has the lowest overseas collection in the first week of any Shah Rukh Khan movie. The collections in the first week in India also indicate that it is doing below average business.

But what did I feel about the movie ?

The movie is shot at some exotic locations in the north India. I was really happy to see such wonderful locations in India .. a real treat to eye ! Some village scenes are shot in a small village Wai, near my home town. Movie really makes you think. eSpecially when Shah Rukh talks about our habit of passing the blame on others' head. We never DO, but we ALWAYS talk. (This is my mere observation about people I have seen so far and it holds true for me as well.) I really appreciated that Ashutosh dared to show this fact in the movie. We always say that our culture is the best. But I think it is very "relative" matter and we can not compare the two lifestyles/cultures. Both are right at their places.

Also the Shah Rukh Khan's interaction with the village people make you laugh. The initial scenes between Shah Rukh Khan and Gayatri when they are trying to over smart each other are really excellent. Ohh buoy ...she looks damn cute. Kinda "fall in love" type ! Watch this pic of her !

2-1024

First time I thought that Shah Rukh Khan can act too. He has acted very well eSpecially in the later part when he is caught into two minds whether to stay in US or go back to India. The "Lagaan" team has also played well. All sixes ! Ashutosh has once again proved that he is different from the pack. I liked the scene at the Railway station where Shah Rukh Khan buys water from a little boy. Watching Shah Rukh Khan in a train and in Bus are very well shot instances in the movie. eSpecially I liked the below Photo.

swades

But initial scenes in NASA, the press conference, does not seem to be happening in NASA. Also the presentation that Shah Rukh Khan makes in the press conferrence is quite ordinary. These scenes could have been much better. Also Gayatri is shown in Saree all the time. But her Saree seems to be the one taken directly from the Shop. Hard to digest that a village girl wears new saree everyday ! I have heard that Aamir Khan had collected old cloths from his friends to use in Rangeela to get the realistic sense. At lease she could have used faded Sarees ! Ashutosh has tried to touch many subjects at a time in this movie. He looks lost sometimes in the middle.

It really hurts to know that the collections of Veer-Zara in the 5th week are much more than that of Swades. May be this movie makes you think and people want only entertainment out of movies. I saw the movie in the theater, but I am eagerly waiting to buy the DVD of this movie so that I can watch into mirror whenever I want to !

Over all, its a MUST watch movie for everybody including who stays in UStayAlone !