Saturday, December 04, 2004

Kissa "Gift" ka !

Last week I got an invitation from Viral to attend the B'day party of his son Kush. (Viral lives in front of my appt.) To avoid last minute rush (which is the usual case), I decide to co-ordinate (?) the mega event of buying the gift. Here is what happened in complete week.

Wednesday 2 PM:

me : Mohit, please go out with Gaurav and buy something for Kush. Consider my and buddy's (my room-mate) contribution.

Mohit (Sleepless in Hillbrook ): Hey I could not sleep yesterday night as well.(what's new in that ?) There was some problem with blah blah system and had to resolve that. Still I will try to remind Gaurav about the same.

As expected I didn't hear anything from him next day. So I decided to catch his other roomie, Vinay (does that mean humbleness in Marathi...I doubt !)

Thursday 3 PM :

me : Vinay, can you go out today with Gaurav to get a present for Kush?

Vinay : arrreee yaaar ! Problem hai. Mere ko aaj (as usual) Monika (name changed) ke saath bahar jana hai. Mere pas aaj to time nahi hai !

me : (to myself off course) Muze pata hai kal bhi tumhare pass time nahi hoga ...saale kitni baar bolega Monika ko bahar leke jana hai ...kab leke jayega ?

Finally I decide to catch hold of Gaurav. Friday afternoon Gaurav happened to come to my cubicle.

Friday 4 PM :

me : Hey Gaurav, we'll go out today to bring something for Kush.

Gaurav (the Bar tender/Owner at Hillbrook bar) : Hey, today is Friday man. Today I have lots of work at Hillbrook bar. Better I talk to Buddy about getting a gift ! By the way, do visit Hillbrook bar tonight !

me : (smile)

And then I realised that I am really a very good coordinator. The ball has come back in my own court, I mean me and my roomie are supposed to get a gift.

Friday evening my roomie came home a bit late. Being under the impression that he must have got something for Kush (who will go out so late ?? I hate it !), I didn't ask him anything about the gift.

Saturday Early moring 2.30 AM :

Mohit, sleepless in Hillbrook, is still online on yahoo. Being Saturday I was doing usual timepass on the net. So I pinged him.

me : Mohit, do you have any idea about the gift ?

Mohit : Gift ...what gift .... ohh ...I have not talked to Gaurav about it yet ! Let me ask him now. But he seems to be busy preparing something new recipe in the kitchen.

After sometime.

Mohit : Are woh bol raha hai ki buddy leke aayega !

me : (laughing) Thik hai. I need to go to sleep now. (If I tell him that it has not been bought yet ..he will kill me) Bye !

Saturday Morning 11 AM :

Buddy woke up and I asked him about the gift. He said Gaurav will bring it (Bingo !). I told him that he hasn't. Then he had his own "oh my GOD” session for 5 mins.

me : I will sleep for sometime. Please go and bring something !

When I woke up at 12 Noon. I heard many voices around me in my appt.

Buddy : You told you will bring the gift.

Gaurav : You told you will bring the gift.

Buddy : I thought you said you are gone bring it !

Gaurav : I thought you said you are gone bring it !

Then they were talking for 5 mins, each sentence was meaning the same what is written above.

In between, Viral shouts from his appt,

Viral : Hey buddy, I had given you guys invitation of 11 AM. We are waiting for you guys for an hour !

I quietly woke up and took bath and joined the party !